I hope that you enjoyed the Pondering Punctuation series and found it helpful. Here are links to all of the posts, all in one place!
Exclamation points and question marks
- In pairs; joining two independent clauses; the serial (“Oxford”) comma; between adjectives
- With “not” phrases; with “the more…” type phrases; with questions inside a sentence; with quotations; with parentheses
- With introductory elements: words, short phrases, adverbial phrases, and participial phrases
- With relative clauses and appositives
- With descriptive and parenthetical phrases; with dependent clauses
Next week I’ll resume my regular biweekly posts–see you then!